Looking For Owens Personal Website?
..go to https://easytarget.org/ for my photos, blog and more..
- You are now looking at the default page for my Apache web server, running on my home FreeBSD powered server system. It is run on completely open source Software.
- My main website, webcam, etc. comes from my personal server in my apartment:
The heart of my website is 'Calvin', a Gigabyte Brix A8-5545.
Her micro form-factor allows me to keep heer mounted behind my TV, where I can run her both as a server and as a Media PC, there is more than enough performance for this.
Software-wise, She runs FreeBSD (specifically; FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE
) as her Operating System.
- FreeBSD is one of a number of Open Source, BSD style operating systems.
- It's extremely fast, stable and secure.
- It has the FreeBSD portage mechanism, always up to date.
- The price, as they say, is right.. Free as in Beer.
- And the politics are right too.. Free as in Speech.
Fri Nov 22 01:29:26 CET 2019
1:29AM up 1 day, 1:11, 1 user, load averages: 0.29, 0.31, 0.26
Server uptime: 1 day 1 hour 8 minutes 49 seconds
Total accesses: 24949 - Total Traffic: 394.2 MB - Total Duration: 1355893
Parent Server MPM Generation: 0
-> Show Detailed Status Graphs
- I have various desk and netbook machines for home, media browsing, and use on the road. All the PC like systems run a continually updated Fedora install these days, though I keep secondary Windows installs on some machines for those 'Windows Only' moments.